About the Academy
Young Musicians’ Summer Academy
Mastercourses with famous artist-teachers
It is the 21st time University of Debrecen Faculty of Music and Conservatory Foundation has organized the Young Musicians’ Summer Academy for high school students, university students and young music teachers. Besides individual mastercourses, orchestral and chamber music workshops contribute to the participiants’ artistic development. The location of the Academy is the campus of Debrecen University, which is situated in Nagyerdő (Great Forest), a touristic sight of Debrecen. At the end of the Academy we will provide certificates of the courses completed and credits obtained. More...
Kodály Zoltán World Youth Orchestra
With the leadership of Tamás Vásáry
Besides a number of individual mastercourses the talented young musicians take part in an orchestral mastercourse with the leadership of Tamás Vásáry pianist and conductor, honorary citizen of Debrecen, awarded Kossuth Prize and Zoltán Bolyky assistant conductor. Following the rehearsal period the orchestra will perform public concerts. The first concert of the Kodály Zoltán World Youth Orchestra is the closing event of the Young Musicians' Summer Academy, which will be streamed, video recorded and photographed by the University of Debrecen.
The Kodály Zoltán World Youth Orchestra is part of the Young Musicians’ Summer Academy. After the rehearsals participants have the opportunity to visit individual mastercourses with further enrolment. More...
Contemporary vocal competition
In memory of Emil Petrovics
In addition to the instrumental mastercourses the Summer Academy announces a vocal mastercourse, which one’s main theme is the performing style of vocal music in the 20th-21st centuries. The final event of the mastercourse will be the Emil Petrovics Vocal Competition on 23rd July, 2022.
Musical Evenings in the Great Forest
Part of the program contains thematic concerts with the participation of professors and guest artist of the course. The most outstanding participants will have the possibility to perform in concert. More...
Registration and participation
Registration fee: 75 EUR (Non-refundable)
Participation fee: 150 EUR
The fee includes participation in all courses and concerts and a chamber mastercourse can also be provided if required in advance. The participation fee includes the “Musicality of Movement” mastercourse, too. Applicants, who would like to participate in orchestral work only, should pay just the registration fee.
- All fees are gross amounts.
- Your application is valid only together with the signed application form and the paid registration fee.
- Payment deadlines:
- registration fee: 10th June, 2022.
- participation fee: 30th June, 2022.
- Failure the payment deadline of registration fee leads to deletion of your application!
- Payment in instalments is possible after prior negotiation.
- Based on the invoicing data given in the application form we issue an invoice for the paid registration and participation fees, which one will be sent by e-mail.
- In case a student cancels his/her participation until 15th June, participation fee that has already been paid will be fully refunded. Registration fee is non-refundable.
- In case a student cancels his/her participation between 16th–30th June, 70% of participation fee that has already been paid will be refunded. Registration fee is non-refundable.
- In case a student cancels his/her participation after 30th June, no refund is possible.
- In case Young Musicians’ Summer Academy cannot be held due to vis maior, participation fee (as well as registration fee) that has already been paid to us will be fully refunded.
Payments can be made by bank transfer until the specified deadlines. Please don't forget to write the invoicing name in the Notes field.
Bank transfer to our EURO account:
Name of account holder: Conservatory Foundation
Bank: OTP Bank Nyrt.
IBAN: HU91 1176 3385 5617 7880 0000 0000
Accommodation and Meals
Booking accommodation and organizing your meals are your business.
It is possible to book accommodation in our dormitory which is located in the building of the Academy. (The rooms are not air conditioned, 2 and 4 bedded, equipped with a refrigerator. Shared bathrooms and kitchens are on each floor.) Gross price is 1600 HUF/night + Tourist tax (400 HUF/night). Contact person is Ferenc Zákány dormitory administrator: email@example.com
Deadline for dormitory reservations: 30th June, 2022.
Besides our dormitory you can choose from a wide range of hotels and guesthouses in Debrecen.
There is a buffet in our building, where hot meals are available for lunch and dinner. The campus has a canteen, where you can choose a menu or a’ la carte for lunch on weekdays. There are many restaurants in our neighbourhood offering lunch menus or food delivery at any time of the day. There are several supermarkets near us (Coop, Interspar, etc.), so the daily shopping can also be arranged.